Are you a Competence Development Manager looking for your next permanent role? If this is you then please read on as we may just have the role for you……
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Civil Engineering Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We are currently looking for a Competence Development Manager to join our Team. You can be based anywhere in Wales or the South West of England but will need to travel regularly to any of the Griffiths sites including our head offices in Abergavenny to which a company car or car allowance will be provided for the successful candidate. Suitable commutable locations include - Bath, Swindon, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Worcester, Evesham, Malvern, Portishead, Stroud, Stonehouse, Chippenham, Chepstow, Lydney, Weston Super Mare, Bridgwater, Glastonbury, Salisbury, Newport, Cardiff, Swansea, Penarth, Barry, Porthcawl, Neath, Usk, Aberdare, Merthyr Tydfil, Llanfoist, Bristol, Pontypridd and the surrounding areas.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
This role is for an initial 18-month fixed-term contract with the potential to extend.
Reporting to the Rail Director, the Competence Development Manager will be accountable for leading the scoping, planning and delivery of a competency-based development programme for Griffiths plant, trade, supervisory and managerial personnel.
As the Competence Development Manager, your duties and responsibilities will include the following (not exhaustive):
- Determining precise requirements of CSCS changes and their varying implications for plant, trade skills, supervisory and managerial roles
- Liaising with HR & Operations to identify all affected personnel
- Assessing gaps and determine what types of training intervention are appropriate for different circumstances
- Identifying and procuring suitable 3rd party NVQ assessment provider(s)
- Identifying current compliance in terms of staff who can easily move from IA because they already have an appropriate qualification
- Liaising and coordinating multiple teams to include Operations Directors, Regional Directors and HR
- Liaising and coordinating with Agency personnel providers to ensure equivalent compliance
- Developing and communicating ‘plan of work / evidence’ for each relevant role discipline
- Providing monitoring and progress reporting to Griffiths senior team
- Adopting Griffiths change management toolkit to support change and communications
The Ideal Candidate
The Competence Development Manager will ideally be in receipt of the following:
- Experience of working in civil engineering or construction contracting
- A knowledge of typical construction plant roles and trade disciplines
- Experience of coordinating or managing technical or professional skills development initiatives
- Strong people skills including collaboration with senior managers and communication with construction personnel at all levels
- Working knowledge of typical construction supervisory and managerial roles
About the Company
In the role of Competence Development Manager, we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Car allowance / Company car
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, part of Tarmac; a CRH Company, is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Alungriffiths #Alungriffiths @Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Alungriffithscareers #CSCS #competencedevelopment #development #competencedevelopmentmanager