Are you a Designated Individual - Temporary Works looking to join Griffiths based at our head offices in Abergavenny?
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Construction Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Designated Individual - Temporary Works looking to join Griffiths on a full-time basis. We are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Newport, Cardiff, Swansea, Penarth, Barry, Porthcawl, Neath, Usk, Aberdare, Merthyr Tydfil, Llanfoist, Bristol, Chepstow, Pontypridd
As a Designated Individual - Temporary Works, you will be the senior person within an organisation with the responsibility for establishing, implementing, and maintaining the temporary works standard for the organisation.
On a day-to-day basis, the successful Designated Individual - Temporary Works duties and responsibilities will include (not exhaustive) the following:
- Validating external parties’ temporary works procedures where Griffiths are not operating as the Principal Contractor or are subcontracting elements of the works
- Engage with the pre-construction team to ensure that the temporary works for all tenders have been fully considered
- Assessing and documenting the approvals of the Temporary Works Co-ordinator on a project-by-project basis
- Mentoring Temporary Works Supervisors, provide support to expand their experience and knowledge
- Provide support to the Temporary Works Coordinator where required with respect to managing the programme of works
- Providing leadership to Temporary Works Supervisors when medium and high-risk temporary works have been identified
- On projects involving complex and/or high-risk temporary works, assist in reviewing critical temporary work when required
- Ensuring those undertaking roles of responsibility are suitably competent in terms of knowledge, skill, and experience; and have suitable resource capability to deliver the works
- You will manage a team of varying disciplines within the team across the business
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a Designated Individual - Temporary Works will be a Chartered Engineer in a relevant discipline and have extensive temporary works experience - this is non negotiable.
Furthermore, you should ideally be Degree in Civil Engineering or an Engineering related discipline and be conversant on varied construction sectors.
About the Company
In the role of Designated Individual - Temporary Works, we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, part of Tarmac; a CRH Company, is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens, we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Griffiths @Alungriffiths @Tarmac #Griffiths #Alungriffiths #Tarmac #temporaryworksdesignatedindividual #works #engineering #construction #civils