Are you an IT Service Desk professional looking for your next permanent role? If this is you then please read on as we may just have the role for you……
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Civil Engineering Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Service Desk Team Lead to join our team at our Head Offices in Abergavenny. Due to the nature of the role, we are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Newport, Cardiff, Swansea, Penarth, Barry, Porthcawl, Neath, Usk, Aberdare, Merthyr Tydfil, Llanfoist, Bristol, Chepstow, Pontypridd.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the IT Manager, the IT Service Desk Team Lead will join and lead an existing IT team who are always striving for continuous improvement in support of all our business functions.
On a day to day basis, the responsibilities of the IT Service Desk Team Lead will include the following (not exhaustive):
- Working on the day-to-day management of the IT Service Desk and ticket workload of the team to ensure tickets are resolved in a timely and accurate way
- Taking ownership of any unresolved or long-term issues escalated from the team
- Sharing knowledge with other members of the team to ensure upskilling across the board
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line technical support
- Setting and maintaining KPI’s for the Service Desk
- Establishing best practices and contributing to improving the entire user support process
- Liaising with business units to identify areas of improvement and sharing reports on service desk performance
- Overseeing the correct management of stock items and managing IT Procurement placed through the IT Service desk
- Providing back-end application support including Active Directory, Network and Server Services
- Maintaining confidentiality with regard to the information being stored, processed or accessed
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be an IT Service Desk Team Lead who has a strong interest in all things technology and is in receipt of the following:
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office and Active Directory
- A good knowledge of networking fundamentals and best practices
- Basic scripting and PowerShell knowledge
- Ability to show a patient manner with users who may not be fully IT literate
- Having a proactive attitude in seeking solutions
- Qualification in IT at A-Level (or equivalent)
About the Company
For the successful IT Service Desk Team Lead, we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Training & Development
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens, we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Alungriffiths #Alungriffiths @Griffiths @Tarmac #Tarmac #Griffiths #ITSupport #2ndline #3rdline #activedirectory #MSWord #MSOffice #shellscripting #powershell #networking #ITsupportdesk