Are you a Preconstruction Engineer looking for your next permanent role? If this is you then please read on as we may just have the role for you……
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Civil Engineering Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We are currently looking for a Preconstruction Engineer to join our Team at our Head Offices in Abergavenny. Due to the nature of the role, we are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Newport, Cardiff, Swansea, Penarth, Barry, Porthcawl, Neath, Usk, Aberdare, Merthyr Tydfil, Llanfoist, Bristol, Chepstow, Pontypridd and the surrounding areas.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Preconstruction Manager, the Preconstruction Engineer will be accountable for ensuring compliance with the BMS and procurement policies and managing subcontract relationships effectively.
On a day-to-day basis, the responsibilities of the Preconstruction Engineer will include the following (not exhaustive):
- Assisting the Preconstruction Manager in planning, programming and pricing works awarded predominantly on the SWTRA Framework
- Liaising with the construction team to develop the programme and price in line with their desired construction methodology
- Reviewing the project and target programmes with the Preconstruction Manager to ensure activities are aligned to the planned sequencing of works and an awareness of lead times for design and procurement is in place
- Liaising with Traffic Management providers to obtain target costs for the traffic management layouts required to undertake the works
- Undertaking construction value reports and report the financial health of the project at tender stage
- Identifying any opportunities and risks present within a scheme at tender stage
- Undertaking tender reviews with Operational and Commercial Directors
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with Clients and Framework designers
- Identifying temporary works requirements and ensuring designs are suitable and priced correctly
- Ensure scheme drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of works. Formally request missing information in sufficient time to price the works
The Ideal Candidate
The successful Preconstruction Engineer should be highly organised in order to manage several Framework schemes at any one time. It is essential that any potential applicants have previous highways and structures civil engineering experience; along with prior exposure of managing highway and structures maintenance and upgrade schemes.
Although not essential, having a knowledge of Traffic Management layouts on High-Speed Roads and design and structures experience, would be advantageous; along with a relevant CSCS card.
About the Company
In the role of Preconstruction Engineer, we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Car allowance / Company car
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, part of Tarmac; a CRH Company, is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Alungriffiths #Alungriffiths #Griffiths @Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Alungriffithscareers #CSCS #preconstruction #construction #civils #civilengineering #Highwaysengineer #Trafficmanagement #Highwaysmanagement