Are you a Project Quantity Surveyor looking for your next permanent role? If this is you then please read on as we may just have the role for you……
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Civil Engineering Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Banwell, Somerset. We are looking for a colleague who is already within this position; or looking to take the next step in your career within the infrastructure sector. We are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Weston Super Mare, Portishead, Yate, Bristol, Chippenham, Corsham, Bath, Trowbridge, Frome, Glastonbury, Yeovil, Dorchester, Bridport, Exeter, Cullompton, Taunton, Bridgwater, Burnham and the surrounding areas.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Managing Quantity Surveyor, the Project Quantity Surveyor will support and fulfil the commercial requirements of the Banwell Bypass project for North Somerset Council.
You will support and fulfil the commercial requirements of various projects to include pre-contract support and provide support to your line manager with works commensurate with the role.
On a day-to-day basis, the responsibilities of the Project Quantity Surveyor will include the following (not exhaustive):
- Lead the procurement of supplier and subcontractor procurement
- Work with clients to resolve any outstanding issues and ensure a contract is in place for projects in advance of commencement of works
- Ensure the timely submission of applications and receipt of certificates and cash
- Provide construction knowledge to commercial and operational staff on projects
- Involvement in precontract involvement for timely submission of pricing works or tenders
- Ensure accurate records of works are being produced and maintained on each project
- Maintain regular contact with client counterpart to manage customer’s expectations and benefit company relationship
- Ensuring a commercial review of a programme is undertaken prior to the timely submission for project
- When necessary, seek support, if required to minimise disputes with clients and subcontractors on projects
The Ideal Candidate
The successful Project Quantity Surveyor will ideally have relevant experience in a similar role; ideally in Civil Engineering or Rail alongside a relevant degree such as Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management.
If you have an understanding of Project & Risk Management, this would also be beneficial in your application; as would knowledge of relevant construction methodologies and membership (or working towards membership) of a relevant professional body.
About the Company
In the role of Project Quantity Surveyor , we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Car allowance
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, part of Tarmac; a CRH Company, is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Alungriffiths #Alungriffiths @Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Alungriffithscareers #quantitysurveying #projectquantitysurveyor #construction #civilengineering #highways #infrastructure