Are you a Public Liaison Officer looking for your next permanent role? If this is you then please read on as we may just have the role for you……
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Civil Engineering Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We are currently looking for a Public Liaison Officer to join our Team at our offices in Llanddewi Velfrey. This will be working on the A40 Llanddewi Velfrey to Redstone Cross project for the Welsh government. Due to the nature of the role, we are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Swansea, Llanelli, Neath, Port Talbot, Porthcawl, Bridgend, Ammanford, Llandeilo, Llangadog, Kidwelly, Carmarthen, St Clears, Saundersfoot, Pembroke Dock, Narberth, Milford Haven, Fishguard, Newport (Pembrokeshire) and the surrounding areas.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Future Generations Team, the successful Public Liaison Officer will be working closely with the scheme project managers and be developing, implementing and managing community liaison, customer care and communication plans.
If you have worked as a Resident Liaison Officer, Schools Liaison Officer, Community Liaison Officer, Service Liaison Officer, Housing Liaison Officer, Support Liaison Officer, Construction Liaison Officer or roles with a similar title or from within the NHS, Police, Fire Service, Military, Uniformed Services or as a School Teacher and have experience of working with the public, your experience would be suitable for this role.
As a Public Liaison Officer, your duties and responsibilities will include the following (not exhaustive)
- Liaising with all key stakeholders including emergency services, local council/councillors and attending stakeholder forums
- Keeping all businesses and stakeholders informed of upcoming works and proposals including traffic management and parking restrictions
- Taking a lead in the preparation, recording and distribution of community engagement materials
- Managing, coordinating and responding to customer contacts, enquiries and complaints
- Maintaining records, including a compliments/complaint register
- Working closely with the site and Future Generations team to identify potential issues and risks along with suitable mitigations
- Registering sites with the Considerate Contractor Scheme and managing requirements to achieve excellent scores
- Supporting community events and charities
- Developing and maintaining an effective site visit programme, identifying opportunities to showcase performance internally and externally
- Liaising with schools, colleges and universities to raise the profile of our industry using our Sally Safe Steps and Bridges to School programmes and representing the company at careers fairs
The Ideal Candidate
The Public Liaison Officer will be able to understand, empathise and work closely with a local community with a diverse range of issues relating to the development of a major highway scheme.
It is essential any prospective candidates are in receipt of the following:
- Community relation and stakeholder management experience
- Team player with ability to influence and negotiate
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office
Although not essential, prior experience of working on large civil engineering/building infrastructure projects and/or construction industry and experience of communicating and engaging with communities around construction activities would be beneficial in your application.
ESSENTIAL - this role requires a clear DBS, we are happy to take you through this requirement for the role, additionally you will hold a Full UK Driving License
About the Company
In the role of Public Liaison Officer, we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Car allowance
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, part of Tarmac; a CRH Company, is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Alungriffiths #Alungriffiths @Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Alungriffithscareers #publicliaisonofficer #plo