Are you a Resourcing Coordinator looking for your next permanent role? If this is you, then please read on as we may just have the role for you……
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Civil Engineering Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We are currently looking for a Resourcing Coordinator to join the team at our Head Offices in Abergavenny. Due to the nature of the role, we are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Newport, Cardiff, Swansea, Penarth, Barry, Porthcawl, Neath, Usk, Aberdare, Merthyr Tydfil, Llanfoist, Bristol, Chepstow, Pontypridd.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Head of People & Culture, the successful Resourcing Coordinator will be working in partnership with the centralised Tarmac Resourcing Hub and the local HR Team to lead, coordinate and manage the Griffiths recruitment and selection processes as well as undertake industry benchmarking activities to ensure the business and its employment offerings are competitive and attractive in the marketplace.
The role will mainly be split into two parts: Recruitment and Selection.
Recruitment will involve liaising with business leaders to guide and coach them through the internal headcount approval process, partner with the Tarmac Resourcing Hub to advertise and manage proactive recruitment campaigns and activities as well as support and train managers to undertake best practice local interviewing and assessment processes.
Selection will entail helping create training materials to support, coach and upskill line managers on best practice interviewing skills as well as creating, developing and leading Assessment Centres – focusing on attracting and selecting the best talent. You will also have the support of the HR Administrator and the role will oversee the preparation and issue of new starter paperwork and link into the Employee Onboarding experience.
Furthermore, the role will drive the compensation and benefit agenda for the business – ensuring Griffiths remains an attractive and competitive employer in a dynamic market place.
On a day-to-day basis, the responsibilities of the Resourcing Coordinator will include the following (not exhaustive):
- Liaise with hiring manages to understand their recruitment needs ensuring job descriptions are up to date and headcount request documentation and processes are followed
- Partner with the Tarmac Resourcing Hub to proactively fill multiple vacancies
- Coach and advise hiring managers on best practice recruitment & selection processes, driving a more consultative customer focused and efficient experience
- Upskill hiring managers to follow best practice interviewing and assessment processes
- Focus on delivering an outstanding hiring manager and candidate experience
- Build relationships and partnerships with internal customers (hiring managers, IT, payroll, etc)
- With the support of the HR Administrator – create and complete the new starter process from offer documentation, pre-hire checks, onboarding experience including first day set up and induction/onboarding processes
- Use available data to identify metrics and trends to help make informed recommendations to the business regarding recruitment, assessment, selection as well as compensation and benefit activities
The Ideal Candidate
The successful Resourcing Coordinator will have experience in recruiting or resourcing, strong communication skills and have a can do attitude.
You will also have strong planning and organisational skills, be able to work on your own and part of a team and be able to influence a wide variety of stakeholders.
About the Company
In the role of Resourcing Coordinator, we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, part of Tarmac; a CRH Company, is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Alungriffiths #Alungriffiths @Griffiths #Griffiths @Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Alungriffithscareers #resourcing #resourcingcoordinator #recruitment #civils #civilengineering