Are you a Site Agent looking for your next permanent role? If this is you then please read on as we may just have the role for you……
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Civil Engineering Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Site Agent to join our team in Weston Super Mare, Somerset. We are looking for a colleague who is already within this position; or looking to take the next step in your career within the infrastructure sector. We are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Banwell, Portishead, Yate, Bristol, Chippenham, Corsham, Bath, Trowbridge, Frome, Glastonbury, Yeovil, Dorchester, Bridport, Exeter, Cullompton, Taunton, Bridgwater, Burnham and the surrounding areas.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to Contracts Manager, the Site Agent will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of a Project; whilst maintaining a high level of quality and environmental awareness, along with developing customer relationships and optimising sustainable financial contribution within set targets.
On a day to day basis, the responsibilities of the Site Agent will include the following (not exhaustive):
- Managing the site operations to maximise operational effectiveness and efficiency by understanding, adjusting and delivering an agreed scope & strategy based on tender principles
- Overseeing the delivery of project and setting standards to facilitate high performing teams in line with Company H&S Roles and Responsibilities and legislative requirements
- Ensuring Management Plans and documentation required by BMS and Contract specific requirements are produced in line with programme for projects
- Ensuring resources are sufficient for type and complexity of projects is in place
- Reviewing Procurement in a timely manner in line with BMS requirements to enable best value procurement
- Overseeing the development of Project or Section programme and ensure it is maintained in line with contract requirements
- Assisting in the production of Project Cost Plan and monthly updates, monitor progress to ensure the project is delivered to required targets
- Providing contract notifications in timely manner and ensure payment applications are issued and in line with project forecasts and expectations
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a Site Agent who is in receipt of the following:
- CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- An NVQ in Construction Site Management or equivalent
- First Aid at Work (FAW)
If you have previous experience in the same or similar position within either the Construction or Civil Engineering sectors, this would be beneficial in your application.
About the Company
For the successful Site Agent, we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Training & Development
- Company car or car allowance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens, we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Alungriffiths #Alungriffiths @Griffiths @Tarmac #Tarmac #Griffiths #siteagent #agent #construction #civils #constructionengineering #civilengineering