Are you a Works Manager looking for your next permanent role? If this is you then please read on as we may just have the role for you……
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Civil Engineering Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Works Manager to join our team in St Austell, Cornwall. We are looking for a colleague who is already within this position; or looking to take the next step in your career. We are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Falmouth, Redruth, Truro, Newquay, Padstow, Bodmin, Fowey, Looe, Plymouth, Tavistock, Exeter, Paignton, Dartmouth, Torquay, Exeter, Cullompton, Honiton and the surrounding areas.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Works Manager will ensure the safe, timely and quality delivery of project activities, lead by example and ensure compliance with all BMS and SHEQ requirements.
On a day to day basis, the responsibilities of the Works Manager will include the following (not exhaustive):
- Ensuring that works activities are carried out effectively, to the agreed programme and specification
- Supporting the business and project management teams to continually improve individual and project performance in all aspects
- Lead site operations, set standards to facilitate high performing teams in line with Company H&S Roles and Responsibilities, and legislative requirements
- Managing site operations to maximise utilisation and efficiency at all times
- Managing business and project operations to ensure works are completed to the highest standard
- Maintaining and developing customer and supplier relationships
- Optimising cost control and operational efficiency to achieve agreed budgets
- Communicating effectively with all stakeholders keeping them informed of planned activities
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a Works Manager who is in receipt of the following:
- A Construction Site Management/CSCS Card
- CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- First Aid at Work (FAW) certificate
If you have previous experience in the same or similar position within either the Construction or Civil Engineering, this would be beneficial in your application.
About the Company
For the successful Works Manager, we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Training & Development
- Company car or car allowance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens, we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Alungriffiths #Alungriffiths @Griffiths @Tarmac #Tarmac #Griffiths #worksmanager #siteagent #sitemanager #construction #civils